Friday, June 24, 2005

$1.50

Earlier tonight I finally saw Kingdom of Heaven at the dollar theatre. Was it worth the $1.50? Hardly. Just Barely. Amidst the blood and gore lies a movie with no point. I don't want to spoil any part of the movie but the end leaves much to be desired. But it was way before that I was disengaged with the dialogue and storytelling. Right from the start I had a hard time following who was who and where the story was going. In the end, I spent the whole movie wondering what was going on. That's not to say that the movie wasn't made well. It was. Ridley Scott shows he's still got it. The fight scenes were a visual bloodbath and I loved them, even if I didn't understand them. All in all, I'm glad it only cost $1.50 or I would have been pretty hopping mad.

P.S. Why the hell do movies cost $1.50 at a dollar theatre anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home