Friday, July 01, 2005

Box Office Lacks Passion

In the Dallas Morning News today there is a huge deal being made about the box office slump I talked about earlier this week. In reality, it is a big deal, but to me it really isn't. What it boils down to is last year "The Passion" came out. That movie seemed like it would never leave the theaters. I think it was still in theaters when the dvd came out. Also, the movies this season have been good at best. Maybe if Hollyweird would stop rehashing the same crap, and come up with original ideas people would be willing to pay. Think about it the best movies thus far were Batman Begins and War of the World. Both remakes. Not to say, I didn't like them, because I did. A lot. But c,mon. I know, I know there were sequels and remakes last year. I freaking know that. This is an epidemic that has been sweeping across Hollyweird for years. This year with the rise of dvd sales and ticket prices, people just got sick of wading in crap. That's it, bottom line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home