Sunday, September 04, 2005

Candid thoughts from Katamari creator

Linked here is an article where the creator of Katamari Damacy speaks very candidly about the upcoming Katamari sequel and his feelings about the state of the game industry. I'll save the summary for the article itself, but I absolutely love what he had to say. More designers need to stand-up and realize that gamers won't pay for the same crap forever. We crave innovative and original titles. Actually, it's not just the designers but also the publishers who greenlight most of this crap. Give indie games a chance instead of Dynasty Warriors 23. I just know every designer out there has an original idea or three that just needs support. I know they won't all be the next Katamari Damacy, but you won't find out unless you take a chance. I could go on forever, but I'll save it for another day.

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home